- Treats candidiasis that causes digestive disorders, sinus congestion, skin rashes, lethargy, headaches, joint or muscle pain, vaginal infections
- Treats vaginal itching, leukorrhea
- Cleans colon and treat colitis
- Has anti-bacterial effects
Chinese Therapeutic Effects
Internal: For best results begin at 1 tablet TID, and increase to 2 to 3 tablets TID over 2 to 3 week period. Take between meals.
270 tablets, 650 mg., 45 day supply
Phellodendron cortex (huang bai), Codonopsis root (dang shen), White Atractylodes rhizome (bai zhu), Anemarrhena root (zhi mu), Plantago seed (che qian zi), Pulsatilla root (bai tou weng), Capillaris herb (yin chen hao), Cnidium seed (she chuang zi), Houttuynia herb (yu xing cao), Dioscorea root (shan yao), Licorice root (gan cao), Cardamon fruit (sha ren)
Phellostatin combines the Four Gentlemen Decoction (Si Jun Zi Tang) as a digestive tonic with herbs shown to have anti-fungal action. There are many active constituents in Phellostatin, providing a broad-based anti-fungal therapy. Varied active components lessen the chance that resistant strains of fungi may arise. Phellodendron (huang bai) is widely used in China for intestinal infections. Plantago (che qian zi) and cnidium seed (she chuang zi), houttuynia (yu xing cao), pulsatilla (bai tou weng) are the strongest anti-fungal herbs in the formula. Cardamon (sha ren) treats flatulence.
- For systemic yeast conditions, the patient must undergo 2 to 6 months of therapy
- Yeast die off reactions (headache, dizziness, digestive symptoms, skin rash) are rare. Reduce dosage 50% if these reactions occur
- See Health Concerns Newsletters: Vol. 5 No. 1 Page 2 Chinese Herbal Treatment of Chronic Digestive Disorders, Part Two (Gaeddert); Vol. 4 No. 5 Chinese Herbal Treatment of Chronic Digestive Disorders, Part One (Gaeddert); Vol. 10 No. 4 How Do You Treat Heartburn and GERD (Gaeddert); Vol. 8 No. 3 Herbal Treatment of Fungal Infections (Gaeddert); Vol. 8 No. 4 Herbal Treatment of Fungal Infections, Part 2 (Gaeddert); Vol. 8 No. 5 Herbal Treatment of Fungal Infections, Part 3 (Gaeddert)
- For indigestion or malabsorption combine with Quiet Digestion or Chyzme
- For candidiasis and constipation use Aloe 22 alone or with Phellostatin
- For candidiasis and weak digestive system, phlegm, dampness combine Phellostatin with Six Gentlemen
- For fastest results, combine with Colostroplex (especially with loose stools)