- Restores gastrointestinal function and is thought to improve gastrointestinal immunity, therefore it has many uses
- Addresses impaired immune regulation, bacterial gastroenteritis with diarrhea; chronic diarrhea, food intolerance, candidiasis
- May be a growth hormone potentiator and helpful to “failure to thrive” children
- Has been used experimentally for CMV retinitis, and Lyme disease
Internal: 1 to 4 tablets daily, between meals; use up to 6 tablets BID, for short term use
60 tablets, 500 mg., 60 day supply
Contraindications: Reduce dosage or take on alternate days if constipation occurs.
Bovine Colostrum Complex (IgG 25% Lactoferrin 7.1mg/gm IGF)
Colostrum has been used for thousands of years in Asia and has been studied since the late 1700s in Europe. First milk colostrum is a pure and natural product resulting from collecting and drying the milk obtained within the first six hours after the birth of a calf. Our colostrum is collected from selected herds in six states in the United States to assure the highest potency product and to guarantee the newborn calf is not deprived.
Colostrum is rich in protein, specifically immune proteins classed as immunoglobulins, which provide the newborn or those using colostrum, with these basic components of the immune system. In the case of the newborn, their immune system is not yet fully functioning and colostrum source antibodies aid the immune system to ward off and defend against infections and antigens (bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.).
Additionally, there are many vitamins in high concentrations along with rich sources of minerals in easy to assimilate forms. Recent research has proven the existence of TGF-1 (insulin like growth factor), which is of interest to the athletic and body-building field. Colostrum also contains a small molecular weight moiety called transfer factor (immune inducer), which is a messenger to the immune system preparing it for defense against specific antigens. This can be a very promising way to offer health benefits through an oral supplement, as it is small enough to be absorbed through the digestive system. The “Probiotic” functions of colostrum are well researched, and effectiveness against various G.I. problems, diarrhea, etc., is well established.
Colostroplex can be used for those who are intolerant of dairy products.
- To reduce food intolerance use 1 to 2 tablets per day for 3 to 6 months.
- See Health Concerns Newsletters: Vol. 9 No. 3 Can Herbs Help Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients? (Gaeddert); Vol. 5 No. 1 Chinese Herbal Treatment of Chronic Digestive Disorders, Part 2; Vol. 4 No. 5 Chinese Herbal Treatment of Chronic Digestive Disorders, Part 1; Vol. 10 No. 4 How Do You Treat Heartburn and GERD; Vol. 8 No. 6, Vol. 9 No. 1 and No. 2 Herbal Treatments of Parasites
- In the first stages of bacterial gastroenteritis Isatis Gold and Quiet Digestion can be used, with Colostroplex
- For Cryptosporidium use Source Qi and Artestatin. (It is important to start Artestatin at one tablet per day, increase to 6 tabs per day over 3-week period.) Source Qi is used at the recommended dose of 4 to 6 tablets TID. Colostroplex can be used as an adjunct.
- With damp heat diarrhea combine Colostroplex with Formula H, Phellostatin, or Isatis Cooling
- For rheumatoid arthritis, combine Colostroplex with Mobility 2 and Clear Heat
- For parasitic infection, combine Colostroplex with Artestatin and Aloe 22
- Use long-term for Lyme disease